Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Embellished Disk

Embellished Disk

     I found this pair of earrings in the clearance isle.  The disk is tatted with Lizbeth, size 20, in Autumn Spice.  This is my latest pattern.  I tried to incorporate the scroll work from the disk.  The bronze pendent is approx 1 3/4" in diameter.  
     
     This was a challenge, I finally sat down and tried the Catherine-Wheel Join.  I found this technique on Jane's web page This lady has an awesome site for patterns and techniques.  Great graphics and explanations!!!  Well, anyway, I love this type of join!!  It has a very professional look to it!!!


 22 of 25 Motif Challenge

By-The-Way....went to Jo Ann's Fabric store this morning and found lots of embellishments in there bead/jewelry section.  A few gorgeous cameo's!! 


For sale on West Pine Creations




4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I hope to figure out that join someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great doodad, lovely colour thread that goes so well
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have definitely captured the 'scroll' look to complement the disc! I'm fascinated by the way you attached this! And the thread is one of my new favorites!

    I've often mentioned to Jane that her drawings are as impressive as her designs!

    ReplyDelete