Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lucet

Lucet

    Started a 7 day, Lucet class by Stitch Diva Studios.  This is Viking, cord making.  Thought I might use it to incorporate into my tatting.  Day 1 I gathered all of my supplies, making a lucet.


 Day 2...basic cord.


 Day 3...adding beads to the core thread.


 Day 4...adding beads to the outer edge.


 Day 5...another way to make the cord.  Day 6...adding a second thread.


 Day 7...adding a third cord.


 Lucets for sale, made out of popular.


Luets for sale, made out of red oak.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I did that challenge a few weeks ago. I'd had a lucet forever and never picked it up. I find it really relaxing, now that I've got some technique down. I can't wait to see how you mix it with tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful wonderful job everyone should own at least one cause they can be used in other crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful tools. I look forward to seeing how you add them to your tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucets are so much fun! It's been a while since I played with mine... another thing to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete